1/9 Photos of Healthy Alphabet Soup
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
A delicious real alphabet soup which is much more nutritionally sound, as well as tastier, than the canned stuff. Recipe from "Stealth Health" Mar/99. In the ingredients, "Dried Italian herb seasoning is just regular dried Italian herb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 cups vegetarian chicken broth or 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup dried white bean, rinsed
- 1 (398 ml) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup dry alphabet pasta
- 1Combine first five ingredients; boil.
- 2Add next four ingredients; boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer stirring occasionally for 1 1/2 hours until beans are tender.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, remove most of the beans and transfer remaining liquid to a blender; process till smooth.
- 4Return mixture and beans back to the pot; Stir in alphabet pasta.
- 5Boil then reduce hear; cover and simmer 8 minutes until pasta is tender but firm.
- 6Yield: 6 1 1/2 cup servings.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Alphabet Soup
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian chicken broth