1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A recipe that I obtained from allhomemadecookies.com and modified for my own tastes and added Splenda instead of sugar. The original recipe calls for 1/4 cup almond extract or almond liqueur but as I didn't have almond extract or amaretto I changed to nonfat vanilla soymilk and they turned out great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put almonds in a shallow pan. Toast at 350°F for 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 300°F Cool almonds and chop coarsely or pulse in food processor.
- 2Mix flour, Splenda, baking soda and nuts in a large mixing bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat remaining ingredients for about one minute. Add flour mixture into liquid.
- 4Cut dough in half. On a baking sheet with parchment paper, pat dough into two logs- 1/2" thick x 1 1/2" wide x 12" long and place 2 " apart.
- 5Bake at 300°F for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Cool on a rack for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Cut loaves at a 45 degree angle, 1/2" thick with a serrated knife.
- 7Lay slices flat on baking sheet and bake an additional 15 minutes, turning once. Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Almond Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 195.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat vanilla soymilk
oranges, zest of