1/2 Photos of Healthified Stuffed Raspberry French Toast Bake
Sounds divine!!! This would be a fabulous dish for a brunch; in place of the raspberries, you can certainly use Strawberries and use Strawberry cream cheese. Make ahead: Prepare the French toast up to 24 hours ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until time to bake. To bake the French toast, remove plastic wrap; cover with foil and bake as directed. Recipe from Eat Better America.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- soft French bread (about 18 inches long)
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup fat-free fat-free liquid egg product
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar (may sub Splenda)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Cut bread into 24 (3/4-inch-thick) slices. Spread 12 slices with cream cheese.
- 3Spread remaining bread slices with preserves; place over cream cheese to make 12 sandwiches.
- 4Arrange in baking dish, pressing together if necessary to fit.
- 5In medium bowl, beat egg product, milk, 1 tablespoon sugar and the salt with wire whisk until blended. Pour over bread in dish. Let stand 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 6Heat oven to 400°F Cover dish with foil; bake 10 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- 7Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix sauce ingredients until blended. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil 30 seconds to 1 minute or just until thickened.
- 8Place strainer over medium bowl; pour raspberry mixture into strainer. Press mixture with back of spoon through strainer to remove seeds; discard seeds.
- 9Serve sauce over French toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthified Stuffed Raspberry French Toast Bake
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.2
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 93.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free liquid egg product