Recipe by S Smith
50% less fat • 29% fewer calories • 50% more fiber than the original recipe. We’ve scooped out some of the fat from this popular bread and spooned in whole wheat flour
- 2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups gold medal whole wheat flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free fat-free liquid egg product
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray bottoms only of two 9x5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves until well blended.
- In medium bowl, mix pumpkin, milk, egg product and oil until well blended. Stir into flour mixture until well blended. Spoon batter evenly into pans.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.