Recipe by JanuaryBride
Per Eat Better America, "Streamline prep work with this peppy lime juice-and-honey mixture. . .use part of it to marinate the pork and the rest to dress the salad."
Top Review by K9 Owned
Smashing meal! So flavourful and pretty as well. We grilled the meat and made as directed except that I had some odds and ends to use up so I added leftover chickpeas and kidney beans with a little avocado to the salad portion. I'm a heat wimp so I cut the jalapeno amount in half. I'll certainly be making this again - it's an awesome and elegant summer meal. Thanks for sharing. Made for the Bistro Babes - ZWT 8
- 453.59 g boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat (I plan to just use a pork tenderloin)
- 78.07 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml honey
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 59.14 ml cilantro, snipped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 255.14 g box frozen corn
- 473.18 ml fresh arugula, coarsely chopped (may sub spinach)
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork into 11/2-inch cubes. Place pork cubes in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- Make marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and honey. Stir in chile pepper, cilantro, and salt. Add 1/4 cup of the lime juice mixture to pork cubes in bag. Set aside remaining lime juice mixture. Seal bag; turn to coat pork cubes. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Thread pork cubes onto eight 8-inch skewers (make sure you soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to using them so they don't burn on the grill), leaving 1/4-inch spaces between cubes. For a charcoal grill, place skewers on the rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 18 to 20 minutes or until no pink remains, turning skewers to brown evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.).
- Prepare corn according to package directions; cool slightly. In a medium bowl, combine corn, arugula, and sweet pepper. Add the reserved lime juice mixture; toss to coat. Serve pork with corn salad.