1/2 Photos of Healthified Marinated Pork With Summer Corn Salad
Per Eat Better America, "Streamline prep work with this peppy lime juice-and-honey mixture. . .use part of it to marinate the pork and the rest to dress the salad."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat (I plan to just use a pork tenderloin)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen corn
- 2 cups fresh arugula, coarsely chopped (may sub spinach)
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1Cut pork into 11/2-inch cubes. Place pork cubes in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- 2Make marinade: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and honey. Stir in chile pepper, cilantro, and salt. Add 1/4 cup of the lime juice mixture to pork cubes in bag. Set aside remaining lime juice mixture. Seal bag; turn to coat pork cubes. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- 3Drain pork, discarding marinade. Thread pork cubes onto eight 8-inch skewers (make sure you soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to using them so they don't burn on the grill), leaving 1/4-inch spaces between cubes. For a charcoal grill, place skewers on the rack directly over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 18 to 20 minutes or until no pink remains, turning skewers to brown evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.).
- 4Prepare corn according to package directions; cool slightly. In a medium bowl, combine corn, arugula, and sweet pepper. Add the reserved lime juice mixture; toss to coat. Serve pork with corn salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthified Marinated Pork With Summer Corn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 354.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 25.0 g