Recipe by the80srule
This is from Eat Better America, I didn't care for the toppings listed but this pizza crust sounded good and doesn't call for yeast. Can be easily made vegan with soymilk or a nut milk, or using water or broth in place of the milk.
Top Review by JPerez
My husband and I loved this crust. Nice crispy, cracker-like outer edge with just a little chewiness in the middle. Next time, I'll use part whole wheat flour. This reminded me of the flatbread appetizers you get in restaurants. I'll use this recipe often!! REVISED 9/7/12: We just cannot get enough of this recipe!! I've probably made it 6 times in a month. Such a nice, crisp texture. I've used this to make steak flatbread with caramelized onions and feta cheese as well as traditional flatbread pizza. I'm so glad to have this recipe!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and oil until soft dough forms. If dough is dry, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons additional liquid.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Shape dough into ball. Cover with bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet; flatten slightly. Roll out to 12-inch round pizza pan. Poke holes in the dough with a fork.
- Bake 8 minutes at 400°F, then put on the toppings and bake for another 20-25 minutes until they are cooked.