Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
My daughters and I made this together, easily prepared, a moist delicious cake, we made it into 2 loaves so that they could take one back to their flat with them. We didnt get as far as icing it --- meant to ice the one, but everyone wanted to taste, and in the end, it didn't seem worth it!! Very nice carrot cake, made for PAC Fall 2011, thank you Liszard!
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups grated carrots (fully packed)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 lb powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat oil, applesauce, honey and sugar, then add eggs.
- Add and mix the rest of the cake ingredients in the order given. Beat for 1 minute.
- Pour into 3 9-inch cake pans or 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.
- Icing: Mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth, then add sugar a little at a time.
- Beat until smooth.