Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
44% less fat, 55% less saturated fat and 27% fewer calories than the original recipe. Favorite dried fruit replaces half the chips for a tasty result. From the October 10, 2012 Live Better America newsletter.
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar or 118.29 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml chocolate syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml unsweetened baking cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml dried sweetened cranberries or 236.59 ml dried cherries
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans or 118.29 ml walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter and oil with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in chocolate syrup, egg whites, egg and vanilla.
- Beat in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, cranberries and pecans. Drop by slightly rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.