Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
44% less fat, 55% less saturated fat and 27% fewer calories than the original recipe. Favorite dried fruit replaces half the chips for a tasty result. From the October 10, 2012 Live Better America newsletter.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries or 1 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter and oil with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat in chocolate syrup, egg whites, egg and vanilla.
- Beat in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips, cranberries and pecans. Drop by slightly rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.