Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was dying to experiment with this new whole-wheat pastry flour I bought at Whole Foods' bulk section. If using AP or cake flour, just sift it real well. Yields one 10" cake or about 12 cupcakes. Feel free to sub rice milk or coconut milk.
- Cream the applesauce, oil, and sugar together.
- Microwave the flax and water together to make "eggs"-- about 30 seconds to 1 minute for it to get a sticky egg-like consistency. Add to the mix.
- Beat in the flour, soymilk, vanilla and baking powder.
- Grease a 10" round pie pan with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour. (or 12 ungreased muffin papers) Pour the batter into it.
- Bake at 350F or until set (about 30 minutes for a cake, 20-25 minutes for cupcakes.).