1/1 Photo of Healthiest Zucchini Bread (Or Muffins) Ever
1 hr 15 mins
Geniale Genie's Note:
These are high in fiber, iron, & protein as well as low in sugar & fat... but they still taste great!!!
My Private Note
small l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups zucchini, seeded and grated
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stevia powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 prunes, pitted & finely chopped (see note below)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw cocoa nibs (optional)
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- 2Line a colander with several layers of paper towels. Place zucchini on top and cover with several more layers of paper towels. Add weight and set aside at least 15 minutes, pressing occasionally to remove water.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flour, stevia, baking soda, spices, prunes, walnuts, and cocoa nibs; add zucchini and toss to coat.
- 4In a separate bowl, beat the molasses with the applesauce and the eggs.
- 5Create a well in the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients; stir until uniformly combined.
- 6Pour into greased loaf pans and bake 50-55 minutes OR into 18 lined muffin tins and bake 25-30 minutes.
- 7NOTE: When chopping prunes, I usually add a spoonful of the dry ingredients and toss to coat. This prevents the date pieces from sticking together. You can also periodically dunk your knife in the flour.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthiest Zucchini Bread (Or Muffins) Ever
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 155.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: