Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is based on another recipe, but made healthier, with no negative effect on flavour! I even forgot to leaven it once, and it turned into delicious brownies
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar (could probably go as low as 1 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour or 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (optional. omit for brownies)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Sift together cocoa, flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. This may take several minutes.
- Add eggs, yogurt, vanilla and beat until well incorporated.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Put in a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan or two 8 inch round pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the cake bounces back to the touch (if making brownies, 10-15 minutes extra bake time may be necessary).
- After it cools, add chocolate frosting if desired.