Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have not made this recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups 1% low-fat milk
- Beat eggs and egg substitute until frothy; add sugar and beat well.
- Add condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into a large, heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Let mixture cool.
- Add milk.
- Pour into freezer can and freeze mixture according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Let ice cream ripen about 1 hour.
Very yummy and rich, just like traditional homemeade vanilla ice cream. You'll never know this one's lower in fat. I used my Cuisinart ice cream maker and had to make this in two batches. Would suggest chilling the mixture before freezing. Served with some homemade chocolate syrup for a real treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe!