Recipe by [Entropy]
I live on this salad! Tuna is really good protein, and preparing this salad with my fat-free dressing makes it a yummy and nutritious meal.
Top Review by ladypit
This was a nice tuna salad. The fat free sour cream gave it nice flavor. When you first mix this without the egg you think "This has WAY too much dressing". But adding the egg really helps! I left out the pasta and had this in a whole wheat pita. The one thing was that this lacked any really strong flavor and didn't stand up to the strong wheat taste as well as I would have liked. Out of the bowl though, it was excellent.
- 1 (6 ounce) canchunk lite tuna in water
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup macaroni (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain water from tuna can.
- Mix tuna, sour cream, and pickle relish in a small bowl.
- Remove shells from the eggs.
- Mix egg yolks into the salad.
- Cut egg whites into small pieces.
- Add egg whites into salad.
- You can omit the yolk, to eliminate the fat.
- To serve as a salad, add macaroni.
- This also makes a good sandwich filling, prepared without noodles.