Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This doesn't require even a minute of cooking - just assembling ahead of time. Be sure to use mascarpone cheese, a naturally sweet Italian cream cheese for whih there truly is no substitute. You can find it in Italian delis and large supermarkets. (But, of course- be sure to use the "lighter" ingredients as listed to ensure that this truly is a healthier recipe). HINT: To make Chocolate Tiramisu, use a fat-free marble sponge cake instead of the regular sponge cake.
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup freshly brewed espresso or 2⁄3 cup strong coffee
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur, such as Kahlua or 3 tablespoons brewed strong coffee
- 1 (13 ounce) fat-free sponge cakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat the mascarpone and cream cheese. Beat in the confectioners' sugar until blended. Fold in the whipped topping.
- In a measuring cup, stir together the espresso or coffee and coffee liqueur.
- Using a bread knife or long serrated knife, cut the cake horizontally into 8 slices. (Don't worry if the slices break. You will be able to use them.) Arrange half of the cake slices evenly on the bottom of a 10"x10" pan. Using a spoon, drizzle half of the coffee mixture evenly over the cake. Gently spoon half of the cheese mixture evenly over the cake layer. Repeat layering with the remaining cake slices, coffee mixture, and cheese mixture. Sift the cocoa over the top of cheese. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours, or overnight.