1/1 Photo of Healthier Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry
I adapted this recipe from one I found on "Allrecipes.com." My version is lower in fat, calories, and sugar, and tastes great too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 pieces
- 0.5 (3 ounce) bell peppers, chopped
- 3 ounces chopped celery
- 1 1/2 ounces thin sliced baby carrots
- 3 ounces snap peas, cut in half widthwise
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar Twin or 1 1/2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- 2Sauté garlic for 2 minutes. Add chicken and brown over medium heat. Add bell pepper, carrot, celery, and pea pods and stir fry for 5-7 minutes, until carrots soften just a bit.
- 3In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and soy sauce and mix. Pour into skillet, along with pineapple, vinegar, Sugar Twin, and ginger. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens.
- 5Serve over hot rice, or cabbage for a "lower carb" option.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 1134.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: