Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Try these if you want a healthy alternative to fast-food chicken nuggets. Serve them with apple sauce or light ranch salad dressing for dipping and a salad. This recipe came from "The Prevention Guide."
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut chicken into pieces and set aside.
- Combine wheat germ, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Place mixture in a large Ziploc bag.
- Combine water and egg white in bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then drop into plastic bag.
- Shake until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Place chicken in baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes (flipping them half way through) or until tender and golden brown.
I would give this 4.5 stars if I could! It's really great! I just had to add more seasoning for my taste (onion powder,paprika, and alittle more garlic and salt) but GREAT turn out I love them! Great to serve with some veggies on the side! Thank you!
Wow!! Everyone needs to try this delicious low calorie dish! Absolutely amazing! I just cut the chicken breasts in half, instead of making nuggets. And I added a few seasonings-accent, onion powder, and season salt. I doubled the recipe first time trying it and baked in 13x9 greased glass baking dish at 400 for thirty minutes flipping three times. Very moist and yummy! My brother (who never cooks) asked for the recipe to give to his wife! lol Definately a people pleaser!
We liked this as a quick healthy meat choice. Still felt it was a little bland - next time will add more garlic, and paprika and chili powder. This is a keeper.