Recipe by heather in Ont,
Try these if you want a healthy alternative to fast-food chicken nuggets. Serve them with apple sauce or light ranch salad dressing for dipping and a salad. This recipe came from "The Prevention Guide."
Top Review by erinb885
I would give this 4.5 stars if I could! It's really great! I just had to add more seasoning for my taste (onion powder,paprika, and alittle more garlic and salt) but GREAT turn out I love them! Great to serve with some veggies on the side! Thank you!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut chicken into pieces and set aside.
- Combine wheat germ, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Place mixture in a large Ziploc bag.
- Combine water and egg white in bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then drop into plastic bag.
- Shake until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Place chicken in baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes (flipping them half way through) or until tender and golden brown.