Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a lighter version of comfort food, as published in the flint journal.
Make and share this Healthier Stove-Top Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 340.19 g medium whole wheat pasta shells
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4 slice about 2 ounces prosciutto, finely chopped
- 425.24 g pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) or 425.24 g squash puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 113.39 g creme fraiche
- 2.46 ml hot sauce
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium, heat the olive oil. Add the proscuitto and cook until just crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin, creme fraiche, hot sauce, cumin and parmesan. Cook, stirring often, until hot.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!