Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
a lighter version of comfort food, as published in the flint journal.
- 12 ounces medium whole wheat pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices about 2 ounces prosciutto, finely chopped
- 15 ounces pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) or 15 ounces squash puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 ounces creme fraiche
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium, heat the olive oil. Add the proscuitto and cook until just crisp, about 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin, creme fraiche, hot sauce, cumin and parmesan. Cook, stirring often, until hot.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!