Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipes came from a local cooking show. I was very hesitant about kids liking them, but SP ate 6 of them as soon as they came out of the oven and he is a picky little eater. Make sure not to overbake of they will become too dry and hard instead of soft and chewy. They are very healthy for you according to my dietician and doctor.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup dried oats (not instant, but quick cooking is okay)
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs (or egg substitue equal to 2 eggs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, flour, oats, raisins, carrots, flax seed and pecans and mix well.
- Slowly add, in order, oil, water, applesauce and eggs blending well after each addition.
- Once batter is well mixed, drop by tablespoon onto a well greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until cookies are done but not hard. You will want them to still be chewy when removed from the oven.