Recipe by landlocked #2
This recipe is a revision of seesko's Banana Sour Cream Bread (Oamc) #309946. I modified her recipe to make it healthier and lower in fat. This is the best banana bread that I have ever had! I wanted to post my revisions to get the nutritional information and so that I can remember my changes.
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 2 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 4 large bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 12 ounces low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Baking time depends on oven.
- I know three loaves is a lot, but remember you can freeze this.