Recipe by D. Todd Miller
This preparation is a "healthier" version of the traditional salmon cakes with tartar sauce. The lime dill sauce is delicious on Maryland-style crab cakes as well. This recipe came from a local periodical.
Top Review by strangemk ; )
We loved this! I would say it serves 2-4 people, though, depending on appetites. We devoured these and wanted more! I subbed 1 egg for the egg substitute, dried chives and dill for fresh, and regular breadcrumbs for panko. This was deeee-licious, and I will definitely make this again. Many thanks to you, D. Todd! Note: We had plenty of the Lime Dill Sauce left over, so that is just the excuse we need to make more salmon cakes. 8 oz. yogurt=1 cup
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces canned salmon
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- nonstick cooking spray
Lime Dill Sauce
- 8 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the salmon cakes, first mix together yogurt, Parmesan cheese, egg, mustard, chives, parsley, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Gently mix salmon and panko breadcrumbs into the yogurt mixture.
- Divide salmon-yogurt mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into 2-inch cakes. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lime dill sauce. In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, dill, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until well chilled.
- To finish the salmon cakes, spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium high heat.
- Slide cakes into the hot skillet and cook about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and heated through.
- Serve the cakes hot with the chilled lime dill sauce.