1/1 Photo of Healthier Salmon Cakes With Lime Dill Sauce
1 hr 18 mins
1 hr 10 mins
D. Todd Miller's Note:
This preparation is a "healthier" version of the traditional salmon cakes with tartar sauce. The lime dill sauce is delicious on Maryland-style crab cakes as well. This recipe came from a local periodical.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces canned salmon
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- nonstick cooking spray
Lime Dill Sauce
- 1To make the salmon cakes, first mix together yogurt, Parmesan cheese, egg, mustard, chives, parsley, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- 2Gently mix salmon and panko breadcrumbs into the yogurt mixture.
- 3Divide salmon-yogurt mixture into 8 equal portions and shape into 2-inch cakes. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare the lime dill sauce. In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, dill, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until well chilled.
- 5To finish the salmon cakes, spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium high heat.
- 6Slide cakes into the hot skillet and cook about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and heated through.
- 7Serve the cakes hot with the chilled lime dill sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Salmon Cakes With Lime Dill Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 555.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: