1/1 Photo of Healthier Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Mims & Squims's Note:
Instead of butter & cream, this recipe gets most of its flavor from fat-free chicken broth and oven roasted garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place garlic cloves baking dish & drizzle with olive oil.
- 3Bake 15-20 minutes until garlic is soft & golden, then remove from oven and let cool.
- 4Peel potato & cut in half. Place in pot & cover with cold water.
- 5Bring to boil over high heat & simmer 30 minutes until tender. Drain.
- 6In small saucepan bring broth to boil, reduce heat, & simmer.
- 7Squeeze garlic to release cloves from skin. Throw away skins and mash cloves (I use a fork).
- 8Mash potatoes; add roasted garlic. Gradually add broth to desired consistency. Mix in kosher salt & pepper.
- 9Garnish with fresh parsley & flaked sea salt (I use black or pink flake salt for color).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 311.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
flaked sea salt