Prep 6 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious and healthier pineapple cake. It's perfect for the morning coffee. Very easy to make and very fast. Fruit can be substitute with any other fruit you like: apples, pears, peaches, apricots... use your imagination:)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 8 ounces crushed dry canned pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine together the flour with the powder and the 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pour in the blender the egg whites with the applesauce, the vanilla extract and the milk. Blend on high speed until it's white and creamy. Stir in the flour mixture. Stir well with a wooden spoon. Pour batter into the greased baking pan. Cover with the dry crushed pineapple. Sprinkle very well with the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar. Place in the oven and bake about 30-35 minutes. Remove and cool about 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.