Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was having company and wanted to bake a punch bowl cake. I looked on here for a recipe and to my dismay saw that regular punch bowl cake was a whopping 891 calories for 1/10 serving. I could have fainted!! Here's great punch bowl cake using much healthier options!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (4 ounce) boxes fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄4 cups diet 7-Up
- 2 (12 ounce) containers fat-free cool whip
- 1 (6 ounce) can maraschino cherries
- 40 ounces canned pineapple (1 can tidbits, 1 can crushed)
- 4 bananas (chopped)
- 2 lbs strawberries (quartered or halfed)
- 4 cups milk (for an even lighter option use skim milk!)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1. Pour the cake mix into a bowl and add the egg substitute and the Diet 7-up. Mix well.
- 2. Pour the mixture into a cake pan (9x13) and bake for about 35 minutes on 350 degrees. Allow to cool completely.
- 3. Meanwhile, pour your two boxes of pudding into a bowl. Add the four cups of milk and use a whisk to stir. Refrigerate until the pudding is set. (usually about 10-15 minutes).
- 4. Cut the cake into several rows and then into squares. (You should get about 7 rows and 6 columns).
- 5. Use about 12 cut up strawberries, put into a sauce pan, add the 1/4 cup of sugar and let them cook down just a little until they create a little syrup).
- 6.Add the layers of cake into the bottom of the bowl (usually about 7 cake cubes).
- 7. Begin to layer in this order pudding, strawberries (fresh and cooked), pineapples, bananas, whipped cream.
- 8. Repeat until ingredients are used (usually makes 3 layers of all ingredients).
- 9. Top with maraschino cherries.