Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This pudding has much less white sugar than many and, when made with nonfat evaporated milk (but not 2%) is significantly lower fat than many. Although healthier recipes find a way around white sugar altogether, this is fine for those who don't want to give the substance up! High content omega-3 eggs also add to the health value. I haven't tried this but plan to soon.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 eggs, large omega-3
- 15 ounces pumpkin (1 can Libby's pure 100%)
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk (1 can)
- 12 ounces 2% evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- Stir in the pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in the evaporated skim milk.
- Pour into a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Bake in oven for about 40 minutes.
- Don't overbake; the center should be slightly wiggly.
- Cool and enjoy at room temperature, or refrigerate for later use.