Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A dense, moist pumpkin bread, with whole grains and added nutrients.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In medium bowl mix flours, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In large bowl beat sugar, oil, and applesauce.
- Add eggs and pumpkin to sugar mixture.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 2 additions.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and separate batter between the two.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minute, check after 50 minutes, knife inserted comes out clean when done.
- Can also be made into muffins.