Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Not a traditional cheesecake, as it contains cottage cheese in place of cream cheese. Much lighter and healthier than cheesecake! Easy to put together. Makes a great summer dessert! Cooking time is chill time in refrigerator.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin, 1/4 oz. each
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- In blender, combine gelatin, boiling water, vanilla, lemon juice and cottage cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in pineapple, including juice.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
If you love panna cotta but cringe at the high fat and calories, this is a great alternative! Pineapple-infused, citrus flavors the cottage cheese and it is a nice, light Summer dessert. I used a "lite" whipped topping: an extra-creamy flavor would add richness, but I liked this recipe as it is. Thanks for sharing it, Rottmom! 'll definitely make it again. Made for PAC Fall 09.