Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I got this recipe from a friend and tweaked it to make it healthier. Great taste, no cook and so easy! You can use any nut or seed butter you'd like.
- 1 cup peanut butter or 1 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup glycerin (or use all honey)
- 1 dropperful liquid stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maca, powder
- 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (cranberry, raisin. coconut etc) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the nut butter, coconut oil, honey, glycerin, stevia, and vanilla until combined and smooth.
- Add in the seeds and oats and mix well; fold in the dried fruit and chocolate chips, if using.
- Press firmly into a 7 x 11 glass baking dish and refrigerate until firm. These will need to stay in the fridge, especially in summer, when it will get soft in the heat.