Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are so yummy, I can taste them as I write in the recipe (no I'm not eating them ;) I found these on a health and fitness web site. They don't rise much, so fill the muffin cups nearly full.
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole oats (no instant)
- 236.59 ml honey
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml sea salt (regular is okay too)
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 118.29 ml sugar free real fruit preserves
- 78.07 ml whole oats
- 59.14 ml whole wheat flour
- 78.07 ml peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar, if you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Make topping first by combining oats, flour and splenda in small bowl.
- Cut in peanut butter and butter until thoroughly mixed and crumbly.
- Set in refrigerator until needed.
- For muffins: Combine flours, oats, honey, baking powder and sea salt in large bowl.
- In separate smaller bowl, mix milk, butter and eggs.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients until moistened, but don't overmix.
- Stir in preserves.
- Divide into muffin cups.
- Crumble on peanut butter topping and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- (Please check on muffins periodically, as smaller or larger muffins will need to be cooked accordingly).