Recipe by Momma Emi
I try and avoid bread but my son loves PB&J's. So, I made a twist to my healthy 1 minute muffin and created a PB&J 1 Minute Muffin. (To make this a healthier dish omit the jelly/jam. *Flax Seed Meal is high in fiber and low carb!
Top Review by DreamoBway
I enjoyed this healthy treat! I used 1 TBS peanut butter and 1 TBS almond butter with raspberry jam. I did spread a little more than 1 tsp on top of the muffin for extra sweetness. This an easy way to get a healthy sweet fix. I look forward to trying it with chocolate chips for something a little more decadent. Thank you for posting!
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a tall coffee mug. (I prefer to use a micowavable bowl because the mix overfills my smaller coffee mugs).
- Mix egg, flax seed meal, baking powder, peanutbutter and 1 tablespoon of jelly or jam. (Reserve 2nd tsp for topping).
- Cook for 1 minute 15 seconds in microwave and spread remaining teaspoon of jelly on top of the muffin.