Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
I try and avoid bread but my son loves PB&J's. So, I made a twist to my healthy 1 minute muffin and created a PB&J 1 Minute Muffin. (To make this a healthier dish omit the jelly/jam. *Flax Seed Meal is high in fiber and low carb!
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 teaspoons jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Melt butter in a tall coffee mug. (I prefer to use a micowavable bowl because the mix overfills my smaller coffee mugs).
- Mix egg, flax seed meal, baking powder, peanutbutter and 1 tablespoon of jelly or jam. (Reserve 2nd tsp for topping).
- Cook for 1 minute 15 seconds in microwave and spread remaining teaspoon of jelly on top of the muffin.
I enjoyed this healthy treat! I used 1 TBS peanut butter and 1 TBS almond butter with raspberry jam. I did spread a little more than 1 tsp on top of the muffin for extra sweetness. This an easy way to get a healthy sweet fix. I look forward to trying it with chocolate chips for something a little more decadent. Thank you for posting!
Although purists would say that the microwave is not healthy, this is a great, easy breakfast or snack. It works fine in a larger mug. I used a little less PB and you do need to use the 2nd tsp of jam if you want to taste it, but this is high in dietary fiber and protein, and you could leave out the jam for a PB muffin (maybe add a bit of stevia?) Thanks! Just wanted to say that I tried it with 1 T of carob for a choc/pb muffin, with some stevia and it is delicious. Flax is a godsend to we candida diet people! I've passed this on to several (candida) people who have praised it! :) It's also easier to mix the liquid ingredinets first and then add the flax and powder.