Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
An attempt to reduce sodium and fat from a family favorite.
- 2 lbs ground beef (85/15 or 90/10)
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 48 ounces tomatoes, petite diced
- 2 cups red kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 cups white kidney beans, rinsed
- 96 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 56 ounces marinara sauce, low sodium
- 8 ounces dry pasta shell macaroni, whole wheat
- Sauté beef in oil in large 10 quart pot until beef starts to brown.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for about 10 minute.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to pot. Also add beef stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, spaghetti sauce and noodles .
- Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minute.
- NOTES : Makes 9 quarts! Just cut the recipe down for smaller batches.