Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is wonderful. It tastes just like Olive Garden's, but a tiny bit healthier because of the ground turkey breast vs. beef. Both ways are wonderful!
- 453.59 g ground turkey breast
- 2 small onions, diced (1 cup)
- 2 large carrots, julienned (1 cup)
- 3 stalk celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g can red kidney beans (with liquid)
- 425.24 g can great northern beans (with liquid)
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 340.19 g can V8 vegetable juice
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml basil
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 113.39 g package ditali pasta
- Brown the ground turkey in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Strain the fat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
- About 50 minutes into simmer time, cook the pasta in 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of boiling water over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or just until pasta is al dente, or slightly tough. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the large pot of soup.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve.
- ***I sometimes cook the noodles and leave out of the soup-this way, the guests can add as many as they would like and it freezes better without the noodles in it!