1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is wonderful. It tastes just like Olive Garden's, but a tiny bit healthier because of the ground turkey breast vs. beef. Both ways are wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 2 small onions, diced (1 cup)
- 2 large carrots, julienned (1 cup)
- 3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans (with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 0.5 (1/2 lb) package ditali pasta
- 1Brown the ground turkey in a large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Strain the fat.
- 2Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sauté for 10 minutes.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour.
- 4About 50 minutes into simmer time, cook the pasta in 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of boiling water over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or just until pasta is al dente, or slightly tough. Drain.
- 5Add the pasta to the large pot of soup.
- 6Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve.
- 7***I sometimes cook the noodles and leave out of the soup-this way, the guests can add as many as they would like and it freezes better without the noodles in it!
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.3
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 862.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g