Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Just something I kind of adapted from other recipes I have used to make them a little healthier and less sugary, lower fat and more fiber. Not using butter saves almost 300 calories and they are still very good. Especially for those trying to watch what you eat and for people who eat healthy but crave the occasional treat!
- 3 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- With a hand mixer, mix together yogurt, brown sugar, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- At this step you can add raisins or chocolate chips or nuts or anything you've chosen (I personally like them plain, but thats just me).
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
I thought these were not going to turn out right at first but they came out really good. Light and not heavy from oils or butters. I will definitely be making these again in the near future. Thanks for a healthier version of oatmeal cookies. Great recipe. : D