Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
These are soft cakelike cookies that are low in fat, loaded with fruit, and delicious. No eggs or oil. You could probably make these even better for you by adding wheat flour.
- 5 medium apples, peeled, cored and shredded (about 4 Cups)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup prune juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups raisins
- Combine all ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes in 350 degree oven.
I think they taste good and will make a really good breakfast cookie with coffee. Unlike many of the other reviewers we did have prune juice. Not a sweet indulgance in my opinion but a healthy breakfast or after school alternative. Thanks!!
These were pretty good cookies. I like the fact that they use juice instead of oil and the honey gave them a nice rich flavor. However, I do think the batter was amazing and I could have sat there with a spoon all night eating it. But once they were cooked they were a little dry and stuck to the pan. But all in all, not bad for being healthy.
These are really, really good! I didn't have prune juice so I subbed applesauce and they're really appl-y and good. I'll definitely make these again!