Recipe by nortocbaking101
These cookies are great to eat for breakfast with fruit and a cup of milky tea.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup becel margarine (or something equal)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit.
- combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl, mix well
- in an electric mixer blend very chilled Becel, brown sugar,buttermilk and vanilla until well blended.
- add oat mixture until well combined
- stir in raisins.
- shape dough into 16 balls, place on a large cookie sheet
- flatten cookies to 1/4 inch thick using the back of a spoon dipped in cold water.
- bake 13-14 mins until cookies are dry to touch and bottoms are golden brown
- remove from tray immediately and place on cooling rack.