1/4 Photos of Healthier Mexican Chicken Casserole
Adapted from a Canyon Ranch recipe. If cut into 6 servings, each piece is 255 calories. If cut into 4 servings, each piece is approximately 380 calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml diced red onion
- 236.59 ml diced red bell pepper
- 236.59 ml diced tomato
- 14.79 ml cumin
- 7.39 ml chili powder
- 127.57 g can diced green chilies
- 236.59 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas, about 8-inches in diameter
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat a large sauté pan with oil, add chicken and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes over medium high heat until chicken is golden brown.
- 3Add onion, bell pepper, tomato and spices and cook until vegetables are tender. Add chicken stock and chiles. Cook until stock is almost gone.
- 4Lightly coat an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in bottom of pan. Spread 1/2 of chicken mixture over tortilla. Top with 1/2 of cheese. Then top with remaining tortilla, chicken mixture and cheese.
- 5Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned on top. Cut into 4-6 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Mexican Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 550.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas