Adapted from a Canyon Ranch recipe. If cut into 6 servings, each piece is 255 calories. If cut into 4 servings, each piece is approximately 380 calories.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 chicken breasts)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium whole wheat tortillas, about 8-inches in diameter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large sauté pan with oil, add chicken and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes over medium high heat until chicken is golden brown.
- Add onion, bell pepper, tomato and spices and cook until vegetables are tender. Add chicken stock and chiles. Cook until stock is almost gone.
- Lightly coat an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in bottom of pan. Spread 1/2 of chicken mixture over tortilla. Top with 1/2 of cheese. Then top with remaining tortilla, chicken mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned on top. Cut into 4-6 servings.
This was simple and delish! Made in two pans one to eat now and one to freeze for later. Thanks for the easy recipe!
Made as written; just added extra cheese and topped with sour cream. Was very flavorful but not spicy, just the way we like it. Made for Zaar Stars.