Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 mins
From Calorie Commando on the Food network
- 2 cups yellow squash, grated (from 2 medium squash)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, grated, divided
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (from 2 medium zucchini)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine by hand the squash, half of the onion, 1/8 cup egg substitute, 1/4 teaspooon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In another large bowl, combine by hand the zucchini, half of the onion, 1/8 cup egg substitute, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. It will be hot enough when a drop of water sizzles when dropped on the surface.
- Squeeze of the excess liquid from both the squash and zucchini mixtures.
- Spray the skillet. Working in batches and not overcrowding the skillet, carefully drop 1 heaping tablespoon of both batters onto the surface and flatten with a spatula to form pancake shape.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.
- If desired, keep latkes warm in a 250* oven until all are made.