Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For the fans of Georgian cuisine who prefer their food healthier.
Make and share this Healthier Khinkali recipe from Food.com.
- Grind all meat and spices together.
- Chop up the onions very finely, add to the meat filling. Let it cool for about 20 minutes.
- Make a dough out of water and flour (it should be similar to pierogi dough), and knead it until it doesn't stick to the bowl or your hands anymore.
- Roll the dough, cut out small circles and roll those circles to create bigger, thinner circles.
- Put a spoonfull of filling in the center of the circle, make a small satchel out if it, pour a teaspoon of water inside of the dough satchel and close it firmly. The final product should look like a hard candy wrapped in cellophane.
- Boil all khinkali for 15 minutes tops, until they float on the surface of the water. Serve with butter or my 'Garlic Kebab Sauce With a Plot Twist' (recipe available on my account).