Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm always looking for healthy (or healthier) alternatives to serve with meals. I saw this made on Food TV and had to try it. It does have great flavor, is so easy to prepare and is so much more healthy than real hash browns. I did lower the salt amount since we thought it was quite salty as given. I did have to peel the parsnips because they were covered in/sealed with wax. The directions indicate to let the veggies cook, undisturbed, so that they can caramelize. Stirring them, supposedly, will cause them to more steam and not caramelize (which will give them such great flavor).
- Slice cauliflower lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- Save the cauliflower "crumbs.".
- Thinly slice the parsnips.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When hot add cauliflower slices and parsnips, spreading into a single layer, as possible.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Let vegetables cook until nicely browned on the bottom, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add salt, cauliflower crumbs, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Gently stir.
- Cook, stirring only once or twice, until vegetables are cooked through, approximately 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Great recipe but I admit I love hash browns and this in no way compared to them to me, but it is healthier and I will fix it again. Thanks Ducky
This was REALLY good! When my husband saw me making it, he turned his nose up, but after tasting it, he said it was definitely a keeper!