1/2 Photos of Healthier Garlic Bread
We love garlic bread but hate filling up on all the bread. So when I saw this made on food tv, I had to try it. It is easy and does satisfy our garlic bread cravings without all the bread. I didn't have any garlic cloves so used garlic powder instead. Adjust the seasonings to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Cut a slit on both sides of the pita and gently pry (or cut) the pita so that you have 2 circles from each pita.
- 3Lightly brush the rough side with olive oil.
- 4Rub each pita circle with the garlic clove.
- 5Cut each pita circle into quarters.
- 6Arrange the pita pieces on a cookie sheet, single layer.
- 7Sprinkle the parmesan, salt, paprika and oregano over the pita pieces.
- 8Place 6 inches from broiler and broil 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9***Watch them carefully while broiling as they will quickly go from finished to burnt.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Garlic Bread
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 172.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g