Recipe by weekend cooker
a few changes to lower the fat and calories, while still keeping the flavor. Leaving on the apple peel doubles the fiber. One serving is approximately 225-250 calories. Cooking time includes cooling time,.
Top Review by Boomette
I made a few changes to make it more healthier. I used 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup splenda, 1/2 cup brown sugar. I omitted the walnuts. This cake is so yummy. Great texture. Thanks Doug :) Made for Zaar Star Game
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely chopped unpeeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bottom only of 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat sugars, buttetrmilk, oil, vanilla, and eggs with mixer on low speed for 25 seconds or until blended.
- Add rewmaining ingredients except apples, and walnuts, and beat on low speed about 1 minute or until blended.
- Stir in apples and walnuts, and spread batter into pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack for 1 hour.