1/6 Photos of Healthier French Fries and Budget Friendly
We love french fries but nor the fat or the salt. DH bought me a french fry cutter that I love as I use it for fruits and veggies besides FF. As we wanted fries for dinner t go with the super duper burgers (turkey) I made a batch of taters for the oven that rival any seasoned ones we have had, yet hugely better as they are no salt and minimal grease. Oven fires.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1cut taters into fry shape and rinse in a bowl of water.
- 2put olive oil into bowl of washed taters and mix around. Kids do this with their hands so do I.
- 3place on cookie sheet and sprinkle seasonings over top of fries. mix them up real well so they all have some coating of seasoning on them
- 4bake for 45 min at 350 degrees.
- 5*** times vary depending on fry size, steak fries longer, skinny fries shorter time. check after 30 min to guage length.
- 6options: garlic powder, oregano, basil, steak seasoning, Old Bay, cajun powder seasoning, chili powder. The options are all up to you.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier French Fries and Budget Friendly
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: