We love french fries but nor the fat or the salt. DH bought me a french fry cutter that I love as I use it for fruits and veggies besides FF. As we wanted fries for dinner t go with the super duper burgers (turkey) I made a batch of taters for the oven that rival any seasoned ones we have had, yet hugely better as they are no salt and minimal grease. Oven fires.
- cut taters into fry shape and rinse in a bowl of water.
- put olive oil into bowl of washed taters and mix around. Kids do this with their hands so do I.
- place on cookie sheet and sprinkle seasonings over top of fries. mix them up real well so they all have some coating of seasoning on them
- bake for 45 min at 350 degrees.
- *** times vary depending on fry size, steak fries longer, skinny fries shorter time. check after 30 min to guage length.
- options: garlic powder, oregano, basil, steak seasoning, Old Bay, cajun powder seasoning, chili powder. The options are all up to you.