Recipe by ugagirl
This is a healthier version of a fave! Clipped from a magazine.
Top Review by pedspeech
This was quite flavorful for a lower fat version of enchiladas and quicker in that you don't spend time rolling them up. My husband said that he would probably ask for an additional can of black beans but otherwise he really enjoyed it and even said that it should be on my list of things to take for a potluck (which is high praise from him!). Thanks for the recipe ! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place three tortillas in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 2. Cover and bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes more until cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes before topping with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.